Ara Darzi, Lord Darzi of Denham was Under-Secretary of State (Lords) at the Department of Health from 2007-2009. He was charged with leading a Review to determine the course of the NHS over the decade ahead. In November 2010 he was appointed as a Business Ambassador for the UK by Prime Minister David Cameron.
In May 2010 Lord Darzi became a member of the Healthy Imagination Advisory Group of GE Healthcare, the medical technology unit of General Electric. The role was approved by ACOBA, who saw "no reason why he should not take up the appointment forthwith, on the basis that he would not draw on any privileged information which was available to him as a Minister, subject to the condition that, for 12 months after leaving office, he should not become personally involved in lobbying Government on behalf of his new employer."
- Member Advisory and Search Committee, Khalifa University of Science, August 2010
- Adviser on healthcare reform, Government of Kuwait, August 2010
- Health and scientific adviser, Government of Qatar, January 2011
- Director, Ara Darzi Ltd (health)
- Paul Hamlyn Chair, Academic Health Science Centre, Imperial College, London
- Chair, Scientific Committee, Qatar Robotic Surgery Centre
- Member, ‘healthymagination’ Advisory Board, GE Healthcare Board (General Electric)
- Member, Supreme Council of Health, Qatar
- Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
- Member, International Advisory Board, Ministry of Health, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Member, Singapore Biomedical Sciences Review Panel
- Member, Biomedical Sciences International Advisory Council (BMS IAC), Singapore
- Member, Advisory Board, Qatar Foundation
- Tamasin Cave, The privatising cabal at the heart of our NHS Spinwatch, 1 April 2015.