From the Jewish United Fund website:
- He completed a twenty-five year career in the IDF, and retired with the rank of Brigadier General. His final position in the military was head of the IDF Strategic Planning Division. Prior to that, he served as the assistant defense attaché in the Israeli embassy in Washington. Upon his retirement from the IDF, Dr. Shtauber served as Vice President of Ben-Gurion University of the Negev and in July 1999 he became the foreign policy advisor to Prime Minister Barak. In 2001 he was appointed Israeli ambassador to the UK, a position he held until mid-2004.
- Dr. Shtauber was a member of the Israeli delegations in peace talks between Israel and its neighbors, including the talks with Syria at Shepherdstown and with the Palestinians at Camp David. He also represented the IDF in multi-lateral negotiations on regional security.
- Shapir, Yiftah and Shtauber, Zvi., Middle East Strategic Balance, 2006-2007, Sussex Academic Press, 2007.
- Shapir, Yiftah and Shtauber, Zvi., Middle East Strategic Balance, 2005-2006, Sussex Academic Press, 2006.
- Shapir, Yiftah and Shtauber, Zvi., Middle East Strategic Balance, 2004-2005, Sussex Academic Press, 2005.