Williams and Jensen
Williams and Jensen is a Washington based law and lobbying firm established in 1970.
Their main focus is primarily on lobbying - 'On a daily basis, we help companies and organizations in the U.S. and around the world influence legislation and public policy process in Washington'. In doing so they 'combine lobbying and legal firepower. Williams & Jensen then goes beyond developing strategies to implementing them and delivering results -- that is to say, doing what our clients appreciate most: winning in Washington'.
The staff at William and Jensen primarily come from Government backgrounds, 'Almost all have come from high level service with various Administrations, Congressional and Senate leaders, and critical departments and Agencies'... 'many important political ties were forged from our professionals' earlier government experience'.
As stated in their website, the 'people of Williams & Jensen know the decision-makers, understand their political histories and current positions, and are able to work shifting alliances and priorities to benefit client positions'.
In 2008, Williams and Jensen report the following as a 'partial' 'representative listing' of their clients...
- Aegon USA Inc.
- American Council of Life Insurers
- The Brinks Company
- Children's Hospital
- The Coca Cola Company
- College Saving Plan Network
- Colonial Pipeline Company
- Continental Airlines Inc.
- Enbridge Energy Company Inc.
- First Energy Corporation
- Florida Power and Light
- Freddie Mac
- Genentech Inc.
- International Speedway Corporation
- Janus Capital Group
- National Cable and Telecommmunications Assocation
- Novartis Finance Corporation
- Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA)
- Recording Industry Assocation of America Inc.
- Security Traders Assocation
- Smithfield Foods
- Time Warner Inc.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce