Waldegrave was the MP for Bristol West from 1979 to 1997.
During his time in parliament he held the roles of chief secretary to the treasury (1995 to 1997), secretary of state for agriculture, fisheries and food (1994 to 1995), chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster (1992 to 1994), secretary of state for health (1990 to 1992), minister of state Foreign and Commonwealth Office (1988 to 1990), minister Department of Environment (1983 to 1988), and parliamentary under-secretary Department of Education and Science (1981-83).
- Director, Coutts & Co Ltd, 2012-
- Chairman, Biotech Growth Trust plc, 2012-
- Non Executive Board Member, Fleming Family and Partners, 2008-
- Non Executive Board Member, [[Biotech Growth Trust ]], 1998-
- Chairman, Henry Sotheran & Co Ltd, 1998-
- Director, Waldegrave Farms Ltd, 1975-
- Chairman, Henry Sotheran & Co Ltd (fine books/prints)
- Waldegrave Farms Ltd
- Chairman, Biotech Growth Trust plc
- Non-executive Board Member, Coutts & Co, a subsidiary of RBS (banking)
- Lord Waldegrave of North Hill Parliament.UK, accessed 23 December 2014