- David Turner FRICS - Non-Executive Chairman David was first appointed to the Board in 1997. He was appointed Chairman of the Board 2003 and he also chairs the Nominations Committee. David has a wealth of knowledge of the property industry and has broad business experience. Prior to joining WSP he was chief executive of Barclays Property Holdings Limited from 1991 to 1997 and a divisional director of Barclays Bank. Outside his role at WSP, David is Vice Chairman and Deputy Pro-Chancellor of the City University and is a director of a number of private companies.
- Christopher Cole C Eng FCIBSE MASHRAE - Chief Executive Chris joined WSP in 1973 at its inception, becoming Managing Director in 1987 and Chief Executive in 2001. He was first appointed to the Board in 1987 when WSP became listed on the London Stock Exchange. He chairs the Performance and Strategy Committees and is responsible for both operational control and the strategic direction of the Group. Chris maintains significant client contact together with regular liaison with our offices around the world. He is also a non-executive director of Ashtead Group plc.
- Malcolm Paul FCA - Group Finance Director and Company Secretary Malcolm became Finance Director of WSP in 1987. He was first appointed to the Board in 1987 at the time of the WSP IPO. He is a principal member of the performance and strategy committees and is responsible for the financial control of the group. Malcolm maintains links with the group's professional advisers and during the years has renegotiated the group's long term borrowing facilities. Prior to joining the group, Malcolm worked in both practice and industry before joining Longcrofts, a city accountancy firm as a partner specialising in corporate finance.
- Stuart McLachlan MSc - Executive Director Having worked as an environmental consultant, Stuart joined WSP in 1995. In 1997 he became managing director of WSP Environmental UK and in 2001 he was appointed managing director of WSP's global Environment operations. Stuart joined the board on 1st January 2006 and retains responsibility for the development of the Environmental business while undertaking a wider group role.
- Christopher Stephens MA - Senior Independent Non-Executive Director Chris was first appointed to the Board in 2003. He also chairs the WSP Remuneration Committee. Chris has many years experience in a range of industries including Consumer, High Technology and Business Services. Until recently he was the Group Human Resources Director of Exel plc, the global logistics company, and prior to that with Vivendi in the UK. As well as experience of motivation and incentivisation of large international service companies, Chris has had general commercial experience both in the UK and globally
- Marisa Cassoni BSc ACA - Independent Non-Executive Director Marisa was appointed to the board on 1 January 2006. She also chairs the audit committee. Marisa is a chartered accountant and finance director of the John Lewis Partnership, having previously been finance director of the Royal Mail Group. Marisa is also a member of the Accounting Standards Board, and a non-executive director of GFI Group Inc.
- Ernest Sheavills FRICS ACI Arb - Independent Non-Executive Director Ernest was appointed to the board on 1 January 2006. He is a chartered surveyor. Until his recent retirement, he worked as Director, Property Development and Asset Management at The Royal Bank of Scotland, a position he held since 1992. He maintains a close involvement with many national and international property organisations.
- Mark Rollins BEng ACA - Independent Non-Executive Director Mark was appointed to the board on 1 January 2006. He is a chartered accountant, and has been group finance director of Senior plc since 2000. He was formerly with BDO Binder Hamlyn and The Morgan Crucible Company plc.
- Business Council for Sustainable Development-UK
- Scottish Steering Group of the Business Council for Sustainable Development-UK