Lord Tim Clement-Jones is a Liberal Democrat peer and lobbyist. He is London managing partner and chairman of the China desk of lobbyist-law firm DLA Piper and was head and founder of DLA Upstream, now known as Global Government Relations, DLA's lobbying subsidiary.
Clement-Jones combines his role of DLA chairman with being the Liberal Democrats' spokesman on culture and sport in the House of Lords. The Lawyer magazine commented that this puts DLA "in prime position to take advantage of new opportunities for its lawyers to lobby the Government on behalf of clients".
Clem-Jones was made a life peer in 1998.
According to a biographical note:
- 'He was educated at Haileybury and then Trinity College, Cambridge where he took a degree in Economics and Law. From 1986 until 1995 he was the Group Company Secretary and Legal Adviser of Kingfisher plc. Prior to Kingfisher he was Legal Director of Grand Metropolitan Retailing and Head of Legal Services at London Weekend Television.
- He was Chairman of the Liberal Party from 1986-1988 and played a major part in the merger negotiations with the SDP. He ran Paddy Ashdown’s campaign to become leader of the party in 1988. He was Director of the Liberal Democrats campaign for the 1994 European Parliament Elections, vice chair of the Party’s 1997 General Election campaign team and Chair of the London 2000 Mayoral and Assembly campaign. He is a member of the National Executive of the Liberal Democrats and was Chair of the Party’s Finance Committee from 1991 to 1998.
- He is a former Chairman of Crime Concern-the UK national crime prevention charity and a Trustee of CancerBACUP the cancer information charity founded by his late first wife Dr Vicky Clement-Jones. Until 1998 he was a member of the Steering group of Opportunity 2000 the campaign founded in 1993 by Business in the Community, designed to increase the number of women in management. He is a former member of the Council of the London Lighthouse and director of Brixton City Challenge. He is a trustee of Lambeth Crime Prevention Trust.
- Lord Tim Clement-Jones DLA Piper, undated, 9 October 2014
- It's not the new DC, but there's gold in them there bills, The Lawyer, March 1, 2004
- PROFILE: Tim Clement-Jones DLA Upstream - Lord who's making his name in the law/Multi-skilled Lord Clement-Jones has launched a legal lobbying outfit. PR Week, November 12, 1999