Theresa Villiers was appointed Northern Ireland Secretary in September 2012. She resigned from government in July 2016 amidst Prime Minister Theresa May's extensive cabinet makeover, being replaced by James Brokenshire. 
Villiers was an MEP for London 1999 to 2005. Following on from this, she worked as the shadow chief secretary to the HM Treasury from 2005 to 2007. She then went on to be the shadow secretary of state for transport from 2007 to 2010. 
After university, Villiers worked as a barrister and as a lecturer in law at Kings College, London. 
- Emily Allan 
- Promit Anwar 
- Frances Lasock - Agent/office manager, Chipping Barnet Conservative Association 
- Juliette Jowit, Shiv Malik and Haroon Siddique, Cabinet reshuffle: who has moved so far?, guardian.co.uk, 4 September 2012.
- 'Whos in and whos out? May's new cabinet' 14 July 2016, BBC News, accessed 15 July 2016
- Full list of new cabinet ministers and other government appointments, guardian.co.uk, 13 May 2010.
- Theresa Villiers Express, accessed 19 May 2015
- Theresa Villiers GOV.UK, accessed 30 October 2014
- Register of interests of members' secretaries and research assistants, 23 March 2016, parliament.uk, accessed 25 April 2016