Simon Nayyar is a former lobbyist at some of the top UK agencies such as Westminster Strategy, Citigate Public Affairs, Edelman and Newgate Communications and was a former general election candidate for the Conservative Party in the 2010 and 2015 general elections.Nayyar is now managing director of his own corporate and financial PR and lobbying agency Acuitas Communications, which he set up with business partner Samantha Seewoosurrun. 
His first lobbying role was at Westminster Strategy, then Citigate Public Affairs. In 2006 he moved to Edelman but 18 months later moved to CDR Public Policy - a company under the Citigate Public Affairs umbrella.
Nayyar left Newgate in April 2015 to concentrate on his bid to be selected as an MP in the 2015 general election in the Feltham and Heston seat, aiming to overturn the 6000 majority achieved by Labour’s Seema Malhotra in 2010. Reports also linked Nayyar's departure to PPS Group's merger with Newgate Communications. Nayyar failed in his bid to become the MP for Feltham and Heston with Malthotra winning by a majority of 11,463.
Nayyar also previously ran for parliament in the 2010 election. Despite Lee Martin being preferred to stand for Sunderland Central and missing out in his bid to become the Nottingham South candidate, Nayyar came third in Hackney South and Shoreditch as Labour held what is traditionally a safe seat for them.
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts and a City liveryman. 
- Former board member of Conservative Friends of India
- Gina Miller, True and Fair Campaign
- Melissa Jones and Andy Rowell, Access all areas: Westminster's (vast) fracking lobby exposed, 29 April 2015.
- David Singleton, Nayyar resurfaces with Acuitas Comms, PublicAffairs, 6 September 2016, accessed 17 November 2016.
- David Singleton Sharp suits and plans to blaze a trail in lobbying Public Affairs News, 1 March 2013, accessed 1 October 2014
- David Singleton Nayyar in shock exit from Newgate Public Affairs News, 17 April 2015, accessed 17 April 2015.
- BBC News Feltham and Helston, accessed 22 May 2015.
- Nayyar won't quit bid for Tory seat PR Week, 1 August 2007, 1 October 2014
- Simon Nayyar Guardian, accessed 17 April 2015.
- Simon Nayyar Linkedin undated, accessed 1 October 2014
- Our People Newgatecomms, undated, accessed 1 October 2014