Siemens AG is a German multinational conglomerate company headquartered in Munich, Germany. It is the largest Europe-based electronics and electrical engineering company.
Nuclear industry pull out
In September 2011 Siemen's chief executive Peter Loescher announced the firm would withdraw entirely from the nuclear industry. The move was a response to the Fukushima disaster and "the clear positioning of German society and politics for a pullout from nuclear energy".
"The chapter for us is closed," he said, announcing that the firm will no longer be involved in managing the building or financing of nuclear plants. Siemens was responsible for building all 17 of Germany's existing nuclear power plants, which the German chancellor Angela Merkel announced would be shut down by 2022.
Löscher said Siemens would continue to manufacture components, such as steam turbines, which are used in the conventional power industry and can also be used in nuclear plants.
Instead he said they would boost its work in the renewable energy sector. "Germany's shift towards renewable energies is the project of the century," he said, adding that he saw Germany on track to hit its target of generating 35 percent of its energy using natural power sources by 2020. 
In the UK:
- MHP Communications provided UK public affairs consultancy services to Siemens plc from June-August 2011 and December 2011-February 2012. 
- Westbourne Communications provided UK public affairs consultancy services to Siemens from June-August 2011
- Citigate Dewe Rogerson provided UK public affairs consultancy services to Siemens from June-August 2011 
- Interel Consulting UK 
Siemens was a donor to the Science Media Centre from February 2007 to August 2012 according to the SMC.
- BBC News, Siemens to quit nuclear industry, 18 September 2011
- SPIEGEL, Siemens to Exit Nuclear Energy Business, 19 September 2011, acc 17 July 2012
- Association of Professional Political Consultants. APPC Register Entry, 1 Dec 2011 - 29 Feb 2012 and APPC Register Entry, 1 Jun - 31 Aug 2011
- Association of Professional Political Consultants. APPC Register Entry, 1 Jun - 31 Aug 2011
- APPC Register Entry, 1 Sep - 30 Nov 2010
- Interel Consulting profile 2015, Registrar of consultant lobbyists, accessed 8 February 2016
- Data from Internet Archive holdings of the Science Media Centre website, 2002-2013.
- Feb 2007 http://web.archive.org/web/20070829210611/http://www.sciencemediacentre.org/funding.htm
- Jul 2008 http://web.archive.org/web/20081202143334/http://www.sciencemediacentre.org/pages/about/funding.htm
- May 2009 http://web.archive.org/web/20090830202526/http://www.sciencemediacentre.org/pages/about/funding.htm
- May 2010 http://web.archive.org/web/20100822091312/http://www.sciencemediacentre.org/pages/about/funding.htm
- Jun 2011 http://web.archive.org/web/20110807075127/http://www.sciencemediacentre.org/pages/about/funding.htm
- Aug 2012 http://web.archive.org/web/20120922235445/http://www.sciencemediacentre.org/pages/about/funding.htm