Stance on fracking
Gyimah's constituency includes one oil and gas licence blocks, awarded to IGas by the Oil and Gas Authority under the 14th licensing round in 2015. The licence is a conventional type: there are plans to conduct 2D seismic surveying, but no applications or plans for shale wells are currently underway. 
Gyimah has generally voted against increased regulations on fracking . 
- 26 January 2015: voted against making fracking companies apply for an environmental permit before conducting exploratory drilling. He also voted against an amendment to the Infrastructure Bill to include an 18 month moratorium on fracking.
- 11 February 2015: absent for a vote on requiring more pre-conditions for where fracking can take place.
- 16 December 2015: voted in favour of weakening regulations on fracking in protected areas and national parks.
- Mr Sam Gyimah, www.parliament.uk, accessed 8 October 2013.
- Ministerial appointments: July 2014, Prime Minister's Office, 15 July 2014.
- Election 2015: Conservative Sam Gyimah retains East Surrey as UKIP make gains getSurrey, 7 May 2015, accessed 14 May 2015
- Sam Gyimah reappointed as Childcare Minister daynurseries.co.uk, 12 May 2015, accessed 14 May 2015
- BBC Daily Politics video, BBC, 16 December 2015, accessed 3 January 2017.
- Oil and gas: licensing rounds, GOV.uk, accessed 14 November 2016.
- TheyWorkForYou | Sam Gyimah, TheyWorkForYou, accessed 3 January 2017.