Previously she worked for Sodexho, before joining the pro-Isreal lobby group BICOM in August/September 2005 as its Director of Public Affairs. She left in early 2007 and by Nov 2007 she was working at Nestle.
- Labour Party
- Member of the Armed Forces Bill Select Committee from November 2015 
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for the Armed Forces - deputy vice chair (Navy) - circa 2018
- Asa Winstanley, Former Israel Lobby Spin Doctor Aims for Seat in UK Parliament, Electronic Intifada, 4 April 2014.
- Laura James, Ruth Smeeth to replace Joan Walley as Labour Parliamentary candidate 5 April 2014, accessed 11 April 2014
- Ruth Smeeth Express, accessed 19 May 2015
- Leon Symons, ‘Israel research centre faces staff exodus’, Jewish Chronicle, 20 April 2007, p.8.
- Labour chooses election fighter, Uttoxeter Advertiser, accessed 20 August 2012
- Ruth Smeeth for Labour NEC, RuthSmeeth.com, accessed 21 August 2012
- Election 2010: Burton constituency, BBC News Online, accessed 21 August 2012
- Ruth Smeeth profile, LinkedIn, accessed 21 August 2012
- Register of interests of members' secretaries and research assistants, 23 March 2016, parliament.uk, accessed 25 April 2016
- Dods people, 'Arrivals, moves and departures', Civil Service World, accessed 3 November 2015