Royal Society of Edinburgh
Fellowship / Council / Members
Council for the 223rd Session was elected at the Annual Statutory Meeting on 10 October 2005.
- Sir Michael Atiyah, OM
- Professor Gavin McCrone CB
- Mr Edward Cunningham CBE
- Professor Andrew Walker
- Professor Ron Asher
- Mr Ewan Brown CBE
- Professor Tariq Durrani
- Professor Rona McLeod MacKie CBE
- Ms Shonaig Macpherson
- Dr Ian Pollock Sword CBE
The RSE's Science Centre & Society Steering Group
- Professor David Ingram, OBE, VMH, FRSE: Master, St Catharine's College, Cambridge (until 31 March 2006) and Honorary Professor, Universities of Edinburgh and Glasgow. Independent Member, Joint Nature Conservation Committee; Member, ESRC Genomic Forum Advisory Committee; Honorary Fellow: Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh, Downing College Cambridge, Worcester College, Oxford, Myerscough College, Preston and Royal Scottish Geographical Society, and Fellow, Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh. Formerly: Chairman, Darwin Initiative for the Survival of Species; Regius Keeper of the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh; Royal Horticultural Society Professor of Horticulture. Victoria Medal of Honour of the Royal Horticultural Society 2004.
- Sir Peter Hutchison, CBE, FRSE: Depute Convenor of the Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park; Vice-Chairman British Waterways. Formerly: Chairman, Forestry Commission; Honorary Fellow, Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh; Honorary President, Royal Caledonian Horticultural Society.
- Ms Eileen Mackay, CB, FRSE: Board Member British Library and Chair of Trustees, The David Hume Institute; Trustee of the Carnegie Trust for the Universities of Scotland. Formerly Non-Executive Director of Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc, and of other companies and public bodies including Scottish Enterprise Edinburgh and Lothian; Former Principal Finance Officer at the Scottish Office.
- Professor Hector L MacQueen, FRSE: Professor of Private Law & Director, AHRC Research Centre Intellectual Property and Technology Law at the Edinburgh Law School, University of Edinburgh.
- Professor Andrew Miller, CBE, FRSE: Secretary & Treasurer of the Carnegie Trust for the Universities of Scotland. Formerly: Principal & Vice-Chancellor, University of Stirling; Interim Chief Executive, Cancer Research UK; General Secretary, The Royal Society of Edinburgh; Member, Food Standards Agency Board; Director of Research, European Synchrotron Radiation Facility and Professor of Biochemistry, University of Edinburgh.
- Professor Andrew Walker, FRSE Deputy Principal, Heriot-Watt University; Professor of Modern Optics, Heriot-Watt University. Fellowship Secretary, The Royal Society of Edinburgh. Formerly: Vice-President, The Royal Society of Edinburgh; Chairman of the Institute of Physics Scottish Branch.
- Graeme Herbert Depute Chief Executive of The Royal Society of Edinburgh.
James Irvine, Another conference that ignores the problems. Review of Royal Society of Edinburgh conference "The Creation of Wealth"16th November 2005, Land Care, Teviot Scientific Publications Ltd, Edinburgh and Perthshire Filed 04 Jan 06