Rene Stadtkewitz is a German anti-Islam activist reportedly described as ‘the German Geert Wilders’.
Early political career
From 2001 to 2011 Stadtkewitz was a member of the house of representatives of Berlin (Pankower distrct) with the CDU.
Stadtkewitz addressed a Bürgerbewegung Pax Europa (BPE) coference rally in Berlin on 3 October 2009.
Also in October 2010 he left the CDU to form Die Freiheit ('Freedom') which was reportedly modeled on Geert Wilders’ Partij voor de Vrijheid ('Party For Freedom'). The party has not enjoyed significant electoral success - unlike Alternative for Germany, possibly because its single issue campaigning.
Two months later he spoke at the International Congress on the Islamisation of Europe, a conference organised by French group Bloc Identitaire (BI), in Paris on 18 December 2010.
Israel visit with far right European party leaders
On 2 December 2010 Stadtkewitz attended a European Alliance for Freedom (EAF) conference in Jerusalem. with a counterjihad delegation that included "Filip de Winter of the Vlaams Belang; Heinz Christian Strache of FPO and Paul Weston, leader of the British Liberty GB party. Haaretz columnist Adar Primor, described the visit as part of "the very unholy alliance between figures on Israel's right and extreme nationalists and even anti-Semites in Europe that is gaining momentum in the Holy Land."
Support for PEGIDA
In 23 February 2015, Stadtkewitz spoke at a rally organised by PEGIDA in Dresden, Germany. He reportedly claimed that 'the right of asylum is being abused' and said:
'I call on all Muslims: Stand up and tear the violence and the hatred out of the Koran. Write a new Koran 2.0. Only then can there be peaceful co-existence. Only you can do that! Anyone who nonetheless still says that the atrocities do not come from the Koran, shares the responsibility for them. Islam cannot belong in Germany. Certainly, immigration can enrich a land, but only if it adheres to firm rules. And yet, even teachers and police officers are capitulating. If that continues, our land will lose its cultural identity.'
- Bürgerbewegung Pax Europa - Deputy chairman
- Die Freiheit - Founder and chairman (since 2010)
- Cities Against Islamisation (CAI) - 'supporter since 2008'
- Hope Not Hate, Rene Stadtkewitz, Counterjihad Movement: Germany, accessed 19 January 2015
- PEGIDA: Bachmann, Stadtkewitz, Mund, Gates of Vienna, 26 February 2015
- The Counterjihad Movement: the global trend feeding anti-Muslim hate, Hope Not Hate, 2011, p62.
- Paul Weston, The Metaphorical Front Line of Islam, Gates of Vienna, 5 December 2010.
- Adar Primor, The unholy alliance between Israel's Right and Europe's anti-Semites, Haaretz, 12 December 2010.
- Intelligence Square, Transcript of 'America should be the world’s policeman'