Whilst at university Cutherbertson completed internships with politicians Conservative MEP Nirj Deva, Republican Congressman James Sensenbrenner and Conservative MP Oliver Letwin and the TaxPayers Alliance.
In 2008 Cutherbertson was appointed as a director at AmericaInTheWorld, where he worked on the project of combating global anti-Americanism.
In 2009 he began working for lobbyists Chelgate as an account executive and then account manager and in 2012 he joined lobbyists Maitland Consultancy as a consultant. He joined lobbyists PB Political Consulting in 2013 as an account director.
- B.A. Hons (2:1), Philosophy, Politics & Economics, University of Essex, 2003 - 2006
- Graduate Diploma, Law, BPP Law School, 2007 – 2008
- Linkedin Peter Cuthbertson, accessed 16 April 2015.
- Ian Griggs and Micah Sulit The eight public affairs professionals standing to become MPs PR Week, 16 April 2015, accessed 16 April 2015.
- Darlington Guardian, accessed 16 April 2015.