Paul Kirby was appointed non-executive member of the Cabinet Office Board in September 2015.
Kirby was Partner and Global Head of the Government and Public Sector Practice at management consultants, KPMG until September 2015.
Prior to that, he was head of the Policy Unit at 10 Downing Street, under the Coalition government, from February 2011 to March 2013.
During his time in the policy unit he authored the Open Public Services White Paper which shaped the public sector reforms program and suggested 'the boundaries between public, private and third sector provision should melt away'. Kirby had set out the blueprint for these reforms in a paper written whilst he was still at KPMG.
Contact with government post 2015
As well as being on the board of the Cabinet Office, Kirby has met with the following ministers since 2015:
- Nicky Morgan, education secretary: December 2015, to discuss 'character education'.
- Sam Gyimah, minister for Childcare and Education: 14 October 2015 with Talk Life (talklife.com.au), a peer-to-peer mental health app; 3 and 23 November 2015 to discuss mental health issues.
- Blog: paulkirby.net
- Twitter: @paul1kirby
- Linkedin Paul Kirby, accessed 15 June 2015.
- The Mandarin Paul Kirby, accessed 15 June 2015.
- Patrick Wintour David Cameron urged by No 10 newcomer to widen services shakeup Guardian, 21 February 2011, accessed 15 June 2015.
- Paul Kirby profile, Linkedin, accessed July 2016