Parmjit Dhanda was the Labour Party's member of parliament for Gloucester between 2001 and 2010.
He is listed in the APPC register as a lobbyist at Butler Kelly.
Dhanda was the Labour member of parliament for Gloucester between 2001 and 2010. He won 45.8 percent of the vote in 2001, 44.7 percent in 2005 and came second to the Conservative's Richard Graham in 2010. Whilst in parliament he held the roles of parliamentary under-secretary to the Department for Communities and Local Government (2007 to 2008) and Department for Education and Skills (2006 to 2007).
In 2004, his expenses claims were investigated as he overclaimed on his additional costs allowance, which covers second home costs. It is alleged, in March 2004, he claimed £708.33 however documentation showed he only owed £648.83, and between April 2004 and February 2005 he claimed £750 a month but only owed £691.71.
- Independent consultant, various clients, May 2010. The role was noted by ACOBA who saw "no reason why he should not take up the appointment forthwith".
The following roles were accepted by ACOBA who "noted the appointment which had been accepted without the Committee's advice being sought, but in view of the lapse of time between leaving the Government and taking it up, it saw no difficulty with it".
- Campaigns and Parliamentary Officer, Prospect, September 2010
- Board Member, Hanover Housing Association, September 2010
- Parmjit Dhanda Linkedin, accessed 4 December 2014
- Parmjit Dhanda The Guardian, accessed 4 December 2014
- Election 2010 results by constituency BBC News, accessed 4 December 2014
- Parmjit Dhanda They Work For You, accessed 4 December 2014
- Jasper Copping and Patrick Sawer MPs’ expenses: Parmjit Dhanda repeatedly claimed wrong mortgage payments Telegraph, 20 June 2009, accessed 4 December 2014
- David Hencke British-Asian MP wants to be first ethnic-minority Speaker of Commons The Guardian, 10 June 2009, accessed 4 December 2014
- Eleventh Report 2010-2011 Advisory Committee on Business Appointments, accessed 4 December 2014