DR Neville Bain is a key member of the S&N board, appointed 1997, and currently chair's the brewers audit committee. Bain has a strong business background, having worked for Cadbury Schweppes for 27 years finally becoming Group Deputy Chief Executive. Following that he became chief executive of Coates Viyella plc a global fashion and textile group. 
Chairman of The Post Office between 1997-2001, with Consignia Bain was removed from his post in 2001 by the government, who decided not to renew chairman his contract as the service provided was "simply not good enough". Bain has written a number of books on management previous publications include 'Successful Management' (Macmillan, 1995), and 'Winning Ways Through Corporate Governance' (Macmillan, 1996), People Advantage (1996)
Described by The London Speaker Bureau, an organisation which supplies after dinner speakers, of which Bain is one, as "equally charismatic a speaker on topics such as leadership, change, globalisation and strategy" 
- Chairman of the Institute of Directors
- Non-Executive Director of Scottish & Newcastle
- Director of Biocon, an international company, registered in India which produces biopharmaceuticals, food additives and industrial enzymes 
- Chairman of The Neville Bain Trust this is a difficult company to find information on, all that can be said for sure is that it owns 700,351 shares in Biocon and is based in England. 
- Chairman of Hogg Robinson until March 2006, a business services company
- Board of Directors Safeway 1993-2000, a former supermarket
- Trustee of the National Centre for Social Research, the UK's largest independent social research company, their research covers topics such as alcohol and drugs and food and health, both areas where Dr Bain has Business interests through Scottish & Newcastle and Biocon.
- Non-executive Director of Provexis Plc an AIM listed company developing functional food "Provexis develops scientifically proven novel bioactive ingredients for integration into functional foods and beverages. These development programmes are typically undertaken in partnership with leading academic research establishments".
- Until recently a board member of United Breweries Limited, India (UBBL IN) which is a partial subsidiary of United Breweries Holdings (UB IN) 
COATS, the British thread maker, was heavily fined by the European Union for operating cartels in the sector going back to 1990. In 2004 it was fined for its involvement in what was dubbed the “needles and pins” cartel case, although Guinness Peat, which now owns the business, is appealing against the scale of the fine. Much of the time Coats was indulging in this market-rigging, the company was run by Neville Bain, who went on to preside over a disastrous period in the history of the Post Office. 
- ^ Scottish & Newcastle Web Site Scottish & Newcastle Board of Directors Accessed Jan 2007.
- ^ Sophie Barker "Consignia Chair Loses Post" The Telegraph November 29th 2001, Accessed Feb 2007.
- ^ Palgrave Palgrave Accessed Feb 2007.
- ^ The London Speaker Bureau The London Speaker Bureau Accessed Jan 2007.
- ^ The Times "Stark Choices for the Future of Pensions" The Times September 15th 2005, Accessed Feb 2007
- ^ National Centre of Social Research Annual Report 2005 Accessed Feb 2007
- ^ Sifi News "Biocon Managers Become Millionaires" Sifi News 12/04/2004 Accessed Feb 2007
- ^ Provexis Plc Provexis, About Us Accessed Feb 2007
- ^ Boicon Biocon Board of Directors Accessed Jan 2007.
- ^ Value Investors Club Value Investor's Club Accessed Feb 2007