National Nuclear Laboratory
The National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) describes itself as 'the leading nuclear technology services provider in the UK'.
NNL has expertise across the full range of nuclear technology, including waste management, nuclear safety and non-proliferation, materials and corrosion and plant inspection.
Joining the PM on his 2012 Far East trade lobbying tour
In April 2012, a National Nuclear Laboratory representative joined UK prime minister David Cameron on his travels to Japan, Indonesia and Malaysia as part of a four-day tour of east and south-east Asia with a 40-strong delegation of business representatives to boost trade opportunities for the UK.  The group included six defence contractors, along with representatives from the International Nuclear Services, the National Nuclear Laboratory, and the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority, as well as the government's Chief Scientific Adviser, Sir John Beddington.  Cameron was pushing Britain's expertise in nuclear decommissioning, as Japan continued its clean-up at Fukushima. He explained:
- Looking to the future, we want to continue to support the Japanese as they reconstruct the Tohoku region and tackle the challenges of the nuclear clean-up. British companies have significant expertise in nuclear decommissioning and clean-up, with 19 nuclear sites in the UK currently being managed through the process. I really think that concrete experience can be of direct benefit to Japan.' 
- Nuclear Industry Council - Professor Paul Howarth attended the high-level NIC meeting in July 2013
- National Nuclear Laboratory is a donor to the Science Media Centre. 
Contact, Resources and Notes
- Nicholas Watt, David Cameron seeks slice of Japanese defence contracts on Tokyo trip, The Guardian, Tuesday 10 April 2012, accessed 3 September 2012
- Prime Minister's Trip to South East Asia, pdf list
- 'Konichiwa Dave': Cameron flies flag for Britain as he arrives in Japan on first stop of South East Asian trade mission, Daily Mail, 10 April 2012 | UPDATED: 12:15 GMT, 10 April 2012
- SMC, Funding, accessed 29 September 2013. See also Science Media Centre - Funding