Nadine Dorries is the British Conservative MP for mid-Bedfordshire in the UK. In June 2010 she was appointed a member of the House of Commons Health Select Committee, a decision that caused alarm among some health professionals and politicians.
In the 2015 general election, Dorries retained her seat with 56 per cent of the vote and a strong majority of 23,327. 
Dorries earned £167,140 in 2014 alone from her novel writing, making her one of the highest earning MPs from careers outside of her parliamentary job. She received most of this money from Zeus Publishing for her recent novel The Four Streets. 
'I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here' appearance fee
In 2012, Nadine Dorries appeared on the reality TV show 'I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here'. An investigation by the House of Commons Standards Committee in June 2013 later revealed that Dorries had failed to declare her fee for appearing on the show, thereby breaching the parliamentary 'code of conduct'. 
Dorries said that the fee had been made to her company Averbrook, rather than to her personally, which removed her obligation to declare it. She refused to how much she was given because of a confidentiality agreement she had signed with ITV over her fee to appear on the show. The committee said it was not permissible for politicians to use companies to avoid declaring amounts of their income. Dorries later issued an apology to the House, but also then labelled the investigation a 'witch-hunt'. 
Dorries has 10 years nursing experience in the NHS and is a former director of BUPA.
- Address: House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA
- Telephone: 020 7219 5928
- Fax: 020 7219 6428
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Mid-Bedfordshire Conservative Association, St Michaels Close, High Street, Shefford, SG17 5DD
- Telephone: 01462 811 449
- Email: email@example.com
- Martin Robbins, Conservatives put Dumb and Dumber on the health select committee, The Guardian, Saturday 26 June 2010 08.30 BST, accessed 4 November 2010.
- Bedfordshire Mid Parliamentary constituency BBC News, accessed 21 May 2015
- The Register of Members' Financial Interests: Part 1 As at 9 March 2015 www.parliament.uk, accessed 19 March 2015
- Christopher Hope, Nadine Dorries 'investigated by Parliamentary standards watchdog over I'm A Celebrity fee', The Telegraph, 7 June 2013, accessed 12 December 2016.
- Rowena Mason, Nadine Dorries apologises to MPs over I'm a Celebrity appearance fee, The Guardian, 11 November 2013, accessed 12 December 2016.
- They Work for You, Register of Members Interests: Nadine Dorries, accessed 4 November 2010.