Wine and Spirit Trade Association (WSTA) one of the most powerful alcohol industry trade associations. His responsibilities include organisational strategy, public affairs, member services and public relations.
Beale's appointment to the WTSA was announced in March 2012 and began in mid-June 2012.  Prior to joining WSTA Beale was
- Deputy Director for EU and international agriculture policy at the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) (from March 2010)
- Deputy Director, European & global issues Cabinet Office (May 2008 – April 2010) where he worked on EU & international negotiations (Single Market & related global economic issues); Support for Cabinet committee business; Support to PM/No10
- Senior policy adviser Department of Communities & Local Government (June 2001 – May 2008) where he worked on Regional, urban & economic policy; EU urban policy and sustainable city investment; Fire & rescue service: advice on fires strikes (cover, legislation, communications); Ministerial advice & liaison
- Policy adviser Cabinet Office (April 1999 – October 2002) where he worked on Modernising government services policy; Executive Agency sponsorship; Invest to Save budget; Ministerial advice & liaison
- Rupert Miller, 20th March 2012, The Wine and Spirit Trade Association has appointed Miles Beale as its new chief executive The Drinks Business last accessed Friday 11th October 2013
- LinkedIn Miles Beale, accessed 12 October 2013.
- WSTA 26th September 2012, Annual Conference Programme accessed 26th September 2012