He previously served as leader of Barnet Council 2006-2009.
In October 2015, Freer signed a letter in The Guardian along with more than 150 people drawn from the arts and politics. The letter launched Culture for Coexistence, an organisation that opposes the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement.
- Finchley & Golders Green Parliamentary constituency BBC News, accessed 21 May 2015
- Mike Freer, wwww.parliament.uk, accessed 4 November 2012.
- Guido Fawkes PPS reshuffle in full, 29 May 2015, accessed 1 June 2015.
- Harriet Sherwood, 'Star authors call for Israeli-Palestinian dialogue rather than boycotts', The Guardian, 22 October 2015, accessed 23 October 2015
- Mens Health APPG, www.parliament.uk, accessed 19 November 2015