Metropolitan Police Service
The Metropolitan Police Service is the main police force serving Greater London.
List of Commissioners
- Lieutenant-Colonel Sir Charles Rowan (1829–1850)
- Sir Richard Mayne (1829–1868)
- Captain William Hay (1850–1855)
- Lieutenant-Colonel Douglas Labalmondière (acting) (1868–1869)
- Lieutenant-Colonel Sir Edmund Henderson (1869–1886)
- Major-General Sir Charles Warren (1886–1888)
- James Monro (1888–1890)
- Colonel Sir Edward Bradford (1890–1903)
- Sir Edward Henry (1903–1918)
- General Sir Nevil Macready (1918–1920)
- Brigadier-General Sir William Horwood (1920–1928)
- General The Viscount Byng of Vimy (1928–1931)
- Marshal of the Royal Air Force The Lord Trenchard (1931–1935)
- Air Vice-Marshal Sir Philip Game (1935–1945)
- Sir Harold Scott (1945–1953)
- Sir John Nott-Bower (1953–1958)
- Sir Joseph Simpson (1958–1968)
- Sir John Waldron (1968–1972)
- Sir Robert Mark (1972–1977)
- Sir David McNee (1977–1982)
- Sir Kenneth Newman (1982–1987)
- Sir Peter Imbert (1987–1993)
- Sir Paul Condon (1993–2000)
- Sir John Stevens (2000–2005)
- Sir Ian Blair (2005–2008)
- Sir Paul Stephenson (2009-2011)
- Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe (2011-
Management Board (May 2010)
- Commissioner Sir Paul Stephenson
- Deputy Commissioner Tim Godwin
- Assistant Commissioner Ian McPherson - responsible for Territorial Policing
- Assistant Commissioner Cressida Dick - responsible for the Specialist Crime Directorate
- Assistant Commissioner John Yates - responsible for Specialist Operations
- Assistant Commissioner Chris Allison - responsible for Central Operations
- Martin Tiplady - Director of Human Resources
- Anne McMeel - Director of Resources
- Dick Fedorcio - Director of Public Affairs and Internal Communication
- Ailsa Beaton - Director of Information
- Vikram Dodd and Jamie Wilson, Met accused as case collapses, The Guardian, 22 March 2000.
- Vikram Dodd, Stephen Lawrence murder: police bugged meetings with witness, guardian.co.uk, 25 June 2013.
- Tom Harper, Exclusive: Scotland Yard’s rotten core: Police failed to address ‘endemic corruption’, Independent, 9 January 2014.
- Tom Harper, ‘Too hot’ report on police leaks to media was buried as Leveson Inquiry ignored Met’s bombshell intelligence report, Independent on Sunday, 19 January 2014.
- The Ellison Review And Daniel Morgan, Brown Moses Blog, 9 March 2014.
- About the Metropolitan Police Service, Metropolitan Police Service, accessed 29 May 2010.
- Time Line, Metropolitan Police], accessed 29 May 2010.
- Time Line 2010-Present, Metropolitan Police, accessed 21 November 2011.
- Leadership - MPS Management Board, Metropolitan Police Service, accessed 29 May 2010.