The McManus Group is a Washington-based lobbying firm established in 2004.
It specialises in health care policy council and advocacy for their clients in the health care industry. According to their website, the McManus Group 'works to provide legislative and regulatory solutions' for their clients. This is done through 'detail-orientated policy analysis and strategic political council' in their 'daily' endeavour to make their 'clients views known to key policy makers throughout government'. They advertise their 'relationship with high level decision makers in Congress and the Administration', which enable their 'clients to leverage their views with those that matter most'.
- John McManus - Founder and President. Prior to founding the McManus Group, McManus worked for 6 years on Capitol Hill, serving Chairman Bill Thomas as the Staff Director of the Ways and Means Health Subcommittee where he was the 'chief staff architect' of the Medicare Modernization Act of 2003. He also played an 'instrumental role' in creating the 'health insurance provisions to assist dislocated workers as a result of trade' in the Trade Act of 2002, the Administrative Simplification and Compliance Act, the Medicare Commission's recommendations to fundamentally reform Medicare, the Patients Bill of Rights, the Benefit Improvement and Protection Act of 2000 and the Balanced Budget Refinement Act. Before this he was Senior Associate for Eli Lilly and Company (1994-1997) and was a Research Analyst for the Maryland House of Delegates (1993-1994) where he briefed the Chairman of the Economics Matters Committee and the members of the Health sub committee.
McManus has been identified as one of the top lobbyists in the areas of 'pharmaceuticals', 'physicians' and 'medical devices' by The Hill
- Michael Lee - Senior Associate.
In 2008, the McManus Group list their clients as...
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA)
- Genentech, a subsidiary of Roche Holding
- American Occupational Therapy Association
- Medical Device Clients Advanced Medical Technology Association
- DEKA Research & Development
- Employee Benefit Clients Evolution Benefits