Marko Attila Hoare
Hoare was born in 1972.
He began studying the history of the former Yugoslavia in 1993.
In 1994, he received a BA in History from the University of Cambridge.
in 1997, he received an MPhil History and MA History from Yale University. The following year, he received an MA in History from Cambridge.
In 1997-1998, he worked in Sarajevo, Bosnia-Hercegovina. In the period 1998-2001, which included the 199 Kosovo war, he worked in Belgrade, Serbia.
In 2000, Hoare received a Ph.D from the University of Yale.
In January-February 2001, he worked as a research assistant at the Bosnian Institute. In February-September 2001, He was a Research Officer for the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia in 2001, and participated in the drafting of the indictment of Slobodan Milosevic.
From 2001 to 2004, he was a British Academy Research Fellow at the University of Cambridge. From 2004 to 2006, he was a Research Fellow in the Faculty of History at the University of Cambridge.
- He is an advisory editor of Democratiya: The Labour Friends of Iraq Review of Books, and a member of the editorial board of Spirit of Bosnia, an international, interdisciplinary, bilingual, online journal.
Hoare is a former advisory editor of Democratiya.
Henry Jackson Society
Hoare was among the founders of the Henry Jackson Society in March 2005. He severed his connections with the Society in 2012 claiming it had degenerated and had changed beyond recognition from how it was when it was first established.
- International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia
- Bosnian Institute
- Henry Jackson Society - Former European section director
- Labour Friends of Iraq
- Spirit of Bosnia
- Euston Manifesto
- Book Review - Al-Qaida’s Jihad in Europe: The Afghan-Bosnian Network,, Democratiya, Summer 2005.
- Book Review - Occidentalism: The West in the Eyes of its Enemies, Democratiya, Summer 2006.
- Book Review - Flag on the Mountain: A Political Anthropology of War in Croatia and Bosnia, Summer 2007.
- Blog Greater Surbiton
- Marko Attila Hoare, About, Greater Surbiton, accessed 20 August 2013.
- Dr Marko Hoare, Kingston University London, accessed 20 August 2013.
- Dr Marko Attila Hoare - Kingston University London, accessed 17 April 2008.
- Dr Marko Attila Hoare, The University of Cambridge, Democratiya, archived at the Internet Archive, 14 Marrch 2009, accessed 23 August 2013.
- Marko Attila Hoare, Alan Mendoza’s putsch in the Henry Jackson Society, Greater Surbiton, 13 August 2012.