Macmillan Publishers Ltd
Macmillan Publishers Ltd, also known as The Macmillan Group, is a privately held international publishing company owned by Georg von Holtzbrinck Publishing Group. It has offices in 41 countries worldwide and operates in more than thirty others.
The company comprises more than divisions operating in five areas of publishing:
- Education publishing, including English language teaching (as Macmillan Education)
- Academic publishing, including reference (as Palgrave Macmillan)
- Science, technological and medical publishing (as Nature Publishing Group), including Nature and other journals
- Fiction and non-fiction book publishing (as Pan Macmillan), under the imprints Pan Books, Picador, Macmillan New Writing, Papermac, Kingfisher, Macmillan, Sidgwick & Jackson, Campbell Books, Boxtree Ltd, and Macmillan Children's Books
- MacMillan Publishing Solutions (MPS) serves print and digital publishing, advertisement creation, magazine production, and books and journals fulfillment.
- MPS Technologies offers content delivery, web analytics, and technology-related services as well as distribution and production.
MacMillan Audio, established as Audio Renaissance in 1987, was acquired by Holtzbrinck in 2001. It publishes abridged and unabridged audiobook editions of books published under Macmillan trade imprints and also acquires some outside titles.