Under the Blair government in 2003 he was a Lord in Waiting, in 2005 he was appointed parliamentary under-secretary in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and in 2007 he was appointed parliamentary under-secretary at the Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills,
In 2010, when the Conservatives were elected to lead parliament, he was made shadow spokesperson for the Department of Business, Innovation and Skills from 2010 to 2011 and since 2010 he has been shadow spokesperson for Department of Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs.
On the 12 January 2004 he was became a Lord.
Lord Triesman resigned from the Football Association after being secretly recorded claiming the Spanish Football Association were seeking help from the Russian Football Association to bribe referees at the 2010 World Cup.
- Chairman, Social Research Design Consultancy, 1972-75
- Chairman, Mort Cred Corp (Zurich) (UBS), 1977-92
- Chairman, Dessin Inc, 1980-93
- Chairman, Victoria Management Ltd, 1989-01
- General Secretary, Association of University Teachers (AUT), 1992-01
- Board Member, Wembley National Stadium Ltd, 2008-10
- Chairman, The Football Association, 2008-10. Approved by ACOBA subject to 12 months after leaving office, he should not become personally involved in lobbying the UK Government on behalf of his new employer"
- Board Member, Augur Buchler Partners, 2010-
- Chairman, Board of Advisers, Templewood Merchant Bank, 2010-
- Chairman, Templewood Student Investments Ltd, 2011-
- Chairman, Triesman Associates Limited (company in which Member has a controlling interest; the company is an investment company in private equity and finance businesses principally working in real estate and other types of financial investment; fees are paid to this company in respect of work done personally by Member for Havin Bank Ltd)
- Chairman, International Advisory Board of Hibernia College
- Director, Salamanca Group (merchant banking and operational risk)
- Member of Board of Advisors, Joule Africa Ltd
- Non-executive Director, The Social Housing Corporation
- Phone: 0207 219 5353
- Email: email@example.com
- Lord Triesman Parliament.uk, accessed 7 November 2014
- Lord Triesman They Work For You, accessed 7 November 2014
- Owen Gibson Lord Triesman quits over World Cup 'bribery' claims The Guardian, 16 May 2010, accessed 7 November 2014
- Ninth Report 2006-2008 Advisory Committee on Business Appointments, accessed 7 November 2014