Peter Gummer (or Lord Chadlington) is a group senior adviser and the former chief executive and former chairman of Huntsworth PR group. He is previously chief executive of Shandwick. He is the brother of John Selwyn Gummer the former UK Conservative Agriculture minister.
From the Huntsworth website:
- Peter Chadlington has spent his entire working life in communications, as a journalist after graduating from Cambridge University and later in public relations both in-house and consultancy. He became the Chief Executive of Huntsworth plc in September 2000 expanding the business in Europe and the USA before the merger with Incepta in May 2005. Other companies owned by Huntsworth are Citigate Dewe Rogerson, Grayling, Dorland Global and The Red Consultancy.
- Prior to this he founded Shandwick in 1974, establishing it as the largest PR consultancy in the UK within seven years and holding that position without interruption for 17 years. He built the firm overseas and it was sold to The Interpublic Group of Companies in 1998, forming the group that became the largest PR consultancy in the world.
- Lord Chadlington has been a director of Halifax plc, Chairman of The Royal Opera House, member of the Arts Council of England and non-executive member of the NHS Policy Board, Chairman of the Understanding Industry Trust and a member of the European Union Select Sub Committee B (Energy, Industry and Transport) and has written and lectured extensively on communications, politics and public relations.
- He was created a life peer in 1996 and is married with four children. His interests include opera, music, rugby and cricket.
100% interest (held with wife) in the Chadlington Consultancy through which consulting advice including public relations andcommunication advice has been provided (this is largely inactive at present because of interests in Huntsworth plc)
Remunerated employment, office, profession etc.
Public relations consultant to the Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development and its investments; this consultancy work is carried out by the Member in his role as CEO of Huntsworth plc (see category 1), and payment is made to Huntsworth plc and not directly to the Member
Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development and its investments
Huntsworth plc (publicly listed marketing servicesgroup)
Estate in Oxfordshire including residential properties and a cottage in Warwickshire
- Director, Hill Hay Saddle Limited
- Committee Member, MCC Arts & Library Sub-Committee
- Trustee, Oxford Philomusica
- Chairman, LAPADA
- Governor, Ditchley Foundation
- Trustee, Atlantic Partnership
- Chairman, Action on Addiction
- Trustee, Atlantic Partnership
- Open Europe, supporter of this member of the Stockholm Network
Jeremy Pepper, PR Face2Face: Lord Chadlington, Chief Executive, The Huntsworth Group Tuesday, April 19, 2005
- ↑ Lord Chadlington, Chief Executive, Huntsworth website, accessed 11 April 2012
- ↑ Ben Martin Lord Chadlington to step down as Huntsworth chief Telegraph, 11 August 2014, 14 October 2014
- ↑ John Owens Huntsworth CEO Lord Chadlington: Why I am stepping down PR Week, 11 August 2014, accessed 14 October 2014
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 Lord Chadlington Parliament.uk, accessed 14 October 2014