He was formerly the UK Secretary of State for Defence from 2010-2011 but resigned this position on 14 October 2011 amid controversy over his association with his friend and unofficial adviser Adam Werritty.
Fox has been the Conservative Party MP for North Somerset since 2010. In the 2015 election, Fox retained his seat with a majority of 23,099.
Register of Members Financial Interests entries
- David Goss - Overseas visits: 6-8 June 2015 to conference in Macedonia, funded by Macedonian Ministry of Defence; 6-14 November 2015 to Australia with Liam Fox, funded by National Australia Bank
- Thomas Heathcote - Overseas visits: 3-4 November 2015 to Tallinn in Estonia, paid for by Estonia-Atlantic Treaty Organisation; 26 February-5 March 2016 to Bulgaria, Give Us Time charity event, accommodation from Balkan Jewel Hotel Resort, flights from Give Us Time
- Oliver Hibberd - Overseas visits: 8-10 September 2015 to Poland for security conference, paid for by Foundation Institute for Eastern Studies; 26 February-5 March 2016 to Bulgaria for Give Us Time charity event, accommodation from Balkan Jewel Hotel Resort, flights from Give Us Time 
- Atlantic Bridge - Executive Board
- Conservative Friends of Israel - Parliamentary Group
- Young Britons' Foundation - Parliamentary Council
In November 2005 he received £3,000.000 from businessman and Tory and UKIP donor, Stuart Wheeler.
Between 2006 and 2008, Fox received £100,500 from private equity firm manager and Tory donor Jon Moulton in three separate donations.
- SHADOW DEFENSE MINISTER FOX PLEDGES CLOSE U.S.-UK COOPERATION IF TORIES GAIN POWER, US Embassy London, 10 December 2009, released by Wikileaks, 30 August 2011.
- Full list of meetings between Liam Fox and Adam Werritty, Guardian Datablog, 10 October 2011.
- Gus O'Donnell, Allegations against Rt Hon Dr Liam Fox MP, Cabinet Office, 18 October 2011
- Powerbase - Liam Fox Register of Members Financial Interests
- Liam Fox's "homophobic past" revealed, By Staff Writer, PinkNews.co.uk • March 9, 2008 - 3:00
- Paul Hutcheon, Revealed: Tory MP's "homophobic" Scot quit student council over gays "flaunting it", Sunday Herald 8 Mar 2008
- Owen Boycott and Nicholas Watt, Liam Fox's Sri Lanka trip makes Foreign Office furious, The Guardian, 15 December 2010.
- Liam Fox, Adam Werritty & the Atlantic Bridge mystery, The First Post, 6 October 2011
- Guardian, Liam Fox and Adam Werritty links, accessed 13 October 2011.
- Rupert Neate, Liam Fox took five MPs to Washington with donor's money, guardian.co.uk, 13 October 2011.
- Polly Curtis, Jason Burke and Rupert Neate, Liam Fox faces fresh questions on Sri Lanka links, Guardian, 13 October 2011.
- Tim Shipman, Christian Gysin and Ian Drury, Tycoons who funded Fox's friend: Right-wing donors paid the bills for pair's globetrotting, dailymail.co.uk, 13 October 2011.
- Jon Swaine, Robert Winnett and James Kirkup, Liam Fox, Adam Werritty, and the $500 bash that went undeclared, Telegraph, 13 October 2011.
- Sam Jones, James Blitz and Elizabeth Rigby, Tory donor’s links add pressure on Fox, FT.com, 13 October 2011.
- James Blitz, Elizabeth Rigby and Kiran Stacey, Doubts grow over how Fox pursues his goals, FT.com, 13 October 2011.
- Deborah Haynes, David Taylor, Fox's friend was funded by private intelligence group, The Times, 14 October 2011.
- Harvey Newton, Fox resignation leaves many questions unanswered, LabourList, 14 October 2011.
- Patrick Wintour, Rupert Neate and Richard Norton-Taylor, Rightwing Tories rally to Liam Fox's side, guardian.co.uk, 14 October 2011.
- Liam Doward, Liam Fox's Atlantic Bridge linked top Tories and Tea Party activists, guardian.co.uk, 15 October.
- Jerry Hayes, Fox: It's All Very Spooky, Dale & Co, 16 October 2011.
- Rupert Neate, Liam Fox report – the unanswered questions, guardian.co.uk, 18 October 2011.
- Kevin O'Sullivan, British Scandal Linked to Pro-Israel Groups, Forward, 28 October 2011, issue of 4 November 2011.
- Peter Foster, US election: Liam Fox 'feeding ideas' to Mitt Romney's Republicans, telegraph.co.uk, 26 August 2012.
- Phil Miller, Liam Fox’s business interests in Sri Lanka drove his parallel immigration policy, Stop Deportations Blog, 29 July 2012.
- Owen Bowcott, Liam Fox settles libel case over Adam Werritty claims, theguardian.com, 29 January 2014.
- 'Who's in who's out? May's new cabinet', 14 July 2016, BBC News, accessed 15 July 2016
- Defence Secretary Liam Fox quits, BBC News, 14 October 2011.
- Register of interests of members' secretaries and research assistants, 23 March 2016, parliament.uk, accessed 20 April 2016
- Electoral Commission, Donation search, accessed 20 February 2015