Lady Xuelin Bates (née Black) works for property development company Advanced Business Park (ABP). In May 2014 the firm were granted a £1 billion deal to redevelop a part of London's Royal Albert Dock by Mayor of London Boris Johnson. ABP share offices in Beijing with London and Partners - 'Johnson's taxpayer funded agency set up to attract foreign investment to London since March 2012'.
Recorded by the Electoral Commission:
|Date||Name of donor||Amount||Donated to||Subsidiary (parties only)|
|09/04/2010||Xuelin Black||£50,000.00||Conservative Party||Central Party|
|16/09/2010||Xuelin Black||£13,300.00||Conservative Party||Central Party|
|17/12/2010||Xuelin Black||£20,000.00||Conservative Party||Central Party|
|09/09/2011||Xuelin Black||£14,012.00||Conservative Party||Central Party|
|07/12/2011||Xuelin Black||£14,500.00||Conservative Party||Central Party|
|13/03/2012||Xuelin Black||£15,000.00||Conservative Party||Central Party|
|15/06/2012||Xuelin Black||£15,000.00||Conservative Party||Central Party|
|14/09/2012||Xuelin Black||£15,860.00||Conservative Party||Central Party|
|24/11/2014||Xuelin Bates||£14,100.00||Conservative Party||Central Party|
- Taimour Fazlani Top Ten Political Screw Ups by UK Politicians in 2014 Media Diversified, 1 January 2015, accessed 5 May 2015.
- Peter Walker Boris Johnson rejects claims over billion-pound Chinese property deal Guardian, 13 November 2013, accessed 5 May 2015.
- Cod Philosophy Cracking China, 5 June 2014, accessed 5 May 2015.
- Gov.UK Lord Bates, accessed 5 May 2015.
- Electoral Commission, Donation search: 'Xuelin', accessed 5 May 2015