Liberal Democrat member of parliament (MP) who was a special adviser to chief secretary Danny Alexander at HM Treasury. from June 2010 untilMay 2014.
CareerGeorge Eustice in the 2010 general election in the redefined Camborne and Redruth constituency. In the House of Commons she was the Liberal Democrat spokesperson for Communities and Local Government.
Goldsworthy graduated from Cambridge University in 2000 with a history degree, before going on to work for Truro MP Matthew Taylor. Elected to Parliament in 2005, she shadowed the chief secretary’s role for two years – 'good preparation for her current Treasury position' according to Civil Service World.
Standing for parliament again despite 'golden goodbye' payment in 2010
Having lost her constituency seat in the 2010 election, Goldsworthy was given a payoff of £32,383. Despite this resettlement payment, she has been recalled to the Liberal Democrats and will stand for the Camborne in the 2015 general election. 
See: Fracking Spads
- Melissa Jones and Andy Rowell, Access all areas: Westminster's (vast) fracking lobby exposed, 29 April 2015.
- The coalition special advisers, Civil Service World, (the newspaper for the senior civil service) 7 April 2011, accessed 5 October 2011
- Julia Goldsworthy, LinkedIn profile
- LinkedIn profile Julia Goldsworthy, accessed 9 August 2015
- Ian Griggs and Micah Sulit The eight public affairs professionals standing to become MPs PR Week, 16 April 2015, accessed 16 April 2015.
- Back for more! 14 Labour and Lib Dem ex-MPs given payoffs of up to £55,000 when they lost their seats are standing again Daily Mail, 5 February 2015, accessed 22 April 2015