In the 2015 general election Trickett was re-elected with a majority of 12,078. 
Corbyn for leader
Stance on fracking
In July 2013, Trickett criticised the government for announcing a substantial tax cut for fracking firms, and accused the prime minister of having a conflict of interest having hired Lynton Crosby as his chief campaign strategist in 2012, who has business interests in shale gas. Trickett said:
- 'David Cameron's failure to come clean over his relationship with Lynton Crosby has created a situation where his decisions are open to question. David Cameron must make clear exactly what sort of conversations he has had with Lynton Crosby on government policy. He must force Lynton Crosby to name his clients and the prime minister must be clear about them and their influence.' 
Trickett has been absent for most votes on fracking . 
- 26 January 2015: voted in favour of making fracking companies apply for an environmental permit before conducting exploratory drilling. He was absent for a vote on an amendment to the Infrastructure Bill to include an 18 month moratorium on fracking.
- 11 February 2015: absent for a vote on requiring more pre-conditions for where fracking can take place.
- 16 December 2015: absent for a vote on weakening regulations on fracking in protected areas and national parks.
- Jon Trickett, It's time for transparency about lobbying if we are to clean up politics,guardian.co.uk, 20 January 2012
- 'Jon Trickett', www.parliament.co.uk.
- 'Jon Trickett', The Guardian.
- Jon Trickett Express, accessed 19 May 2015
- Who's who in Corbyn's Shadow Cabinet BBC News, Accessed 16 September 2015
- Emily Gosden Jeremy Corbyn's team: the key figures backing the left-winger's leadership bid Telegraph, 26 July 2015, accessed 27 July 2015.
- Nicholas Watt, David Cameron under attack over fracking firm links to Lynton Crosby, The Guardian, 19 July 2013, accessed 3 January 2017.
- Oil and gas: licensing rounds, GOV.uk, accessed 14 November 2016.
- TheyWorkForYou | Jon Trickett, TheyWorkForYou, accessed 3 January 2017.