John Whittingdale is the Conservative MP for Maldon.
Dinner with lobbyists
Details of the attendees and seating plans of the Conservative's 2013 summer ball, an event where tickets cost up to £12,000 each and allows attendees to sit at the table with ministers, were leaked by the Guardian. It revealed that Whittingdale sat at a table hosted by David Burnside, which included Samantha and David Cameron and one of Vladimir Putin's aides Vasily Shestakov.
- Chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Intellectual Property Group 2010-2011.
Special advisers and aides
- Jane Merrick, Brian Brady, James Hanning and Andy McCorkell, Revealed: Senior MP's secret links to Murdoch, The Independent, 17 July 2011.
- John Whittingdale, www.parliament.uk, accessed 14 October 2011.
- BBC News John Whittingdale becomes UK culture secretary, 11 May 2015, accessed 11 May 2015.
- 'Whos in and whos out? May's new cabinet' 14 July 2016, BBC News, accessed 15 July 2016
- Melanie Newman Russian front: Cameron’s encounter with Putin friend at Tory party The Bureau of Investigative Journalism, 1 July 2014, accessed 17 October 2014