Joe Trippi is a veteran political strategist who pioneered mass fundraising on the internet.
- Worked with Australian strategist Lynton Crosby for oppositionist Morgan Tsvangirai in Zimbabwe's 2008 elections. 
- Nigerian president Goodluck Jonathan, worked with him on his successful 2011 presidential bid (previously worked with Atiku Abubakar on a presidential bid in 2007.
- Will be working with Goodluck Jonathan and Bell Pottinger Communications on the 2015 Nigerian General Election.
- Lobbying in Africa, the Africa Report, 28 November 2014
- Lobbying in Africa: Nightmare on K street The Africa Report, 28 November 2014, 3 February 2015
- Trippi made the following 'Full' Disclosure: 'As someone who has been active in both advising on and overseeing elections in Africa and Nigeria, I have worked for several pro-democracy candidates in Nigeria, including President Goodluck Jonathan'.