Isaacs held a number of positions at Lehman Brothers bank, including CEO Europe and Middle East and CEO Asia-Pacific. During his time at the bank, with Roger Nagioff, he was 'instrumental in the development of Lehman Brothers' international operations. Isaacs was named in the 2010 official report into the collapse of the bank. 'The report cites emails showing how Isaacs pretended things were ok even as the black hole was growing'. An example of this is in August 2008, when Lehman was in secret talks to sell 50 percent of its shares to Korean financiers in order to keep afloat, Ian Lowitt, the chief financial officer, contacted Isaacs about his worries over the deal but received the message 'Fingers crossed. Things usually work out for the best!' - the sale failed. According to Private Eye, Isaacs left Lehman a week before it collapsed and authorised a $5 million pay off for himself.
In 2008 Isaacs founded private equity investment firm JRJ Group with three other former Lehman executives, Peter Sugarman, Roger Nagioff and Joanna Nader. At JRJ he 'is closely involved with the implementation and guidance of fund strategy'.
|Date||Name of donor||Amount||Donated to||Subsidiary (parties only)|
|16/06/2006||Jeremy M Isaacs||£50,000.00||Conservative Party||Central Party|
|09/03/2007||Jeremy M Isaacs||£20,000.00||Conservative Party||Central Party|
|13/12/2007||Jeremy M Isaacs||£25,000.00||Conservative Party||Central Party|
|01/02/2010||Jeremy Isaacs||£50,000.00||Conservative Party||Central Party|
|23/09/2010||Jeremy Isaacs||£50,000.00||Conservative Party||Central Party|
|10/08/2011||Jeremy Isaacs||£3,000.00||Michael Gove MP|
|27/03/2012||Jeremy M Isaacs||£50,000.00||Conservative Party||Central Party|
|27/06/2013||Jeremy M Isaacs||£50,000.00||Conservative Party||Central Party|
|28/04/2016||Jeremy Isaacs||£25,000.00||Britain Stronger in Europe|
- Marex Spectron, chairman of the board
- Food Freshness Technology, director
- The J Isaacs Charitable Trust, trustee
- Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, non-executive director
- Bridges Development Fund Advisory Board, member
- Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice, trustee
- London Business School, honorary fellow
- Adam Lusher Queen's Birthday Honours: Sir Henry Angest, banker who gave Tories millions, is knighted in reward for 'political service' Independent, 12 June 2015, accessed 1 July 2015.
- Private Eye Tory wealth bombers get their rewards, accessed 1 July 2015.
- JRJ Group Jeremy Isaacs, accessed 1 July 2015.
- Lucy Tobin Jeremy Isaacs tells of his sadness over Lehman Evening Standard, 22 March 2011, accessed 1 July 2015.
- Electoral Commission Search: Jeremy Isaacs, accessed 1 July 2015.