Jarret M. Brachman is a terrorism expert and the former Director of Research in the Combating Terrorism Center at West Point. He claims to be an expert on 'Jihadist ideology, strategy and propaganda'. 
Brachman has a PhD from University of Delaware. In 2003, while completing his PhD, he served as a Graduate Fellow at the CIA’s Counterterrorist Center. In 2004, Brachman joined the Combating Terrorism Center. Brachman became the CTC’s first Director of Research and oversaw a number of research projects about al-Qaida ideology and strategy. 
In 2008 Routledge published Brachman's book Global jihadism: theory and practice. In the Acknowledgments section of the book Brachman expresses his ‘sincere hope’ that the book ‘serves as a resource’ for ‘the quiet heroes of this war,’ namely the ‘brave men and women who selflessly dedicate their lives to public service in the professions of arms, law enforcement, intelligence, first response and emergency management’. 
In 2008, he resigned from the West Point CTC and joined North Dakota State University.
- Jarret Brachman and William F. McCants Stealing Al-Qa'ida's playbook, Combating Terrorism Center, U.S. Military Academy, 2006.
- Jarret Brachman, William McCants, 'Stealing Al Qaeda's Playbook' Studies in Conflict and Terrorism, Volume 29, Number 4, June 2006 , pp. 309-321(13)
- William McCants and Jarret Brachman Militant ideology atlas: research compendium, United States Military Academy, Combating Terrorism Center, November 2006
- Jarret Brachman Terrorism and the American experience: constructing, contesting and countering terrorism since 1793, Phd dissertation, University of Delaware, 2007 (Abstract here)
- Jarret Brachman, Global jihadism: theory and practice (Taylor & Francis, 2008)
- Jarret Brachman "The Next Osama; On the eighth anniversary of 9/11, it's time to finally confront al Qaeda's scary move toward modernization – and the charismatic sheikh who is leading the way", Jarret Brachman, September 10, 2009
- Jarret Brachman 'Waging Trans-Epistemological Warfare' in Eric D. Patterson and John Gallagher (Editors) Debating the War of Ideas Palgrave Macmillan, 2010 ISBN-10: 0230619363
- Jarret Brachman 'Al Qaeda's Armies of One: Meet the next generation of jihadi pundits'. Foreign Policy January 22, 2010
- Jarret Brachman 'The Worst of the Worst: These are some of the jihadi pundits who are making waves on al Qaeda's Web forums today -- and could potentially trade their keyboards for suicide vests tomorrow.' foreign Policy JANUARY 22, 2010
- ↑ PDF Copy of Combatting Terrorism Center > Profile > Jarret Brachman <http://www.ctc.usma.edu/profiles/brachman.asp> created 29 June 2010
- ↑ PDF Copy of JarretBrachman.net > Biography <http://jarretbrachman.net/?page_id=17> created 29 June 2010
- ↑ Jarret Brachman, Global jihadism: theory and practice (Taylor & Francis, 2008)