| LM network resources
Jan Macvarish is an academic and associate of the libertarian and anti-environmental LM network. In particular, she was 'press officer' for LM in 1997, writes for Spiked,  participates in Debating Matters (including judging the South East regional final 2009/10 on DEVELOPING COUNTRIES AND CLINICAL TRIALS and on ARTISTIC EXPRESSION and the Central regional final 2008/09 on THE INTERNET and on DRUGS IN SPORT) the Institute of Ideas,  the Battle of Ideas,  WORLDbytes, the Brighton Salon and Parenting Culture Studies,  and founded the shortlived Maverick Club. She is married to Mark Birbeck.
- Profile "Jan Macvarish", Debating Matters website, accessed 29 Dec 2910
- Profile "Jan Macvarish", Centre for Parenting Studies website, accessed 29 Dec 2910
- Facebook ''
- LinkedIn ''
- Blog ''
- The 'new single woman' : contextualising individual choice by Macvarish, Janet. Published 2007, PhD thesis, University of Kent website, acc 10 Jan 2011
- Macvarish, J. (2010) The effect of 'risk-thinking' on the contemporary construction of teenage motherhood. Health, Risk & Society, 12 (4). pp. 313-322. ISSN 1369-8575.
- Jan, Macvarish (2010) Understanding the Significance of the Teenage Mother in Contemporary Parenting Culture. Sociological Research Online on-line.
- LM News release HAROLD EVANS CRITICISES ITN LIBEL ACTION AGAINST LM MAGAZINE Friday 30 May 1997
- "Bikinis for girls", Spiked website, accessed 3 May 2010
- "People Dr Jan Macvarish", Debating Matters website, accessed 15 Nov 2010
- "Are young girls being sexualised?", Institute of Ideas website, accessed 15 Nov 2010
- "Dr Jan Macvarish", Battle of Ideas website, accessed 15 Nov 2010
- 'Dr Jan Macvarish' WORLDbytes website, accessed 7 September 2013
- "Child-rearing in a risk society", Parenting Culture Studies website, accessed 15 Nov 2010
- Centre for Health Services Studies, Kent University, Jan Macvarish: Publications, accessed 20 March 2011.