James Wates is the chairman of Wates Construction.
Letter to the Telegraph
On 1 April 2015 Wates was one of 103 business leaders who wrote to the Telegraph praising the British Conservative Party's economic policies and claiming a Labour government would 'threaten jobs and deter investment' in the UK.
- Construction Industry Training Board, chairman
- UK Contractors Group, chairman
- Building Research Establishment, chairman
- UK Commission for Employment and Skills, commissioner
- Prince's Trust Build Environment Leadership Group, chairman
- Queen Elizabeth's Foundation for Disabled People, vice-chairman
- The Leader's Group
Recorded by the Electoral Commission:
|Date||Name of donor||Amount||Donated to||Subsidiary (parties only)|
|22/05/2001||Wates Group Services Ltd, 1260 London Rd||£10,000.00||Conservative Party||Central Party|
|19/01/2006||Wates Group Services Ltd, Wates House||£10,000.00||Conservative Party||Central Party|
|29/05/2007||Wates Group Services Ltd, 1260 London Rd||£20,000.00||Conservative Party||Central Party|
|09/06/2008||Wates Group Services Ltd, 1260 London Rd||£25,000.00||Conservative Party||Central Party|
|02/09/2009||Wates Group Services Ltd, Wates House||£50,000.00||Conservative Party||Central Party|
|24/05/2010||Wates Group Services Ltd, Wates Group Services Ltd||£10,000.00||Conservative Party||Central Party|
|23/11/2010||Wates Group Services Ltd, Wates House||£50,000.00||Conservative Party||Central Party|
|31/01/2012||Wates Group Services Ltd, Wates House||£50,000.00||Conservative Party||Central Party|
|16/05/2013||Wates Group Services Ltd, Wates House||£50,000.00||Conservative Party||Central Party|
|21/07/2014||Wates Group Services Ltd, Wates House||£75,000.00||Conservative Party||Central Party|
- Wates James Wates, accessed 7 April 2015.
- Peter Dominiczak, 100 business chiefs: Labour threatens Britain's recovery, Telegraph, 7 April 2015.
- Electoral Commission, Donation Search, accessed 2 April 2015.