Professor John Iain Broom is Research Professor of Metabolic Medicine at the University of Aberdeen. He has a Professorship in Clinical Biochemistry from the Robert Gordon University and is Director of the Centre for Obesity Research in Epidemiology (CORE). Robert Gordon University. 
- LighterLife - Medical Director 
- University of Aberdeen - Professor of Metabolic Medicine
- Centre for Obesity Research in Epidemiology at Robert Gordon University
- Rowett Research Institute - professorial fellowship
- Counterweight Programme (a multi-centre obesity project covering 80 general practices in the UK) - Chair
- Provexis - Scientific Advisory Board member 
Broom has held/holds research grants from the Medical Research Council, The Wellcome Trust, Department of Trade and Industry CSO, SHERT, and industry in areas relating to the metabolic response to injury/sepsis and in the fields of diabetes/lipid metabolism. 
- LighterLife Meet our Experts: Professor Iain Broom, accessed 27 September 2010.
- Centre for Obesity Research and Epidemiology, staff
- LighterLife Meet our Experts: Professor Iain Broom, accessed 27 September 2010. This page has now been removed, and changed to Weight Loss Experts, acc 16 January 2013
- Provexis Scientific Advisory Board, accessed 7 October 2010.
- Robert Gordon University, Faculty of Health and Social Care Faculty Research Professors: Professor Iain Broom, accessed 7 October 2010