Currently a Chief Executive of Cancer Research UK
- Masters in Chemical Engineering from the University of Cambridge
- MBA as a Baker Scholar from Harvard Business School
- worked briefly as a research scientist with the UK Atomic Energy Authority
- worked for 4 years in the London office of McKinsey and Co, "advising pharmaceutical clients on strategic issues"
- CEO of The Papworth Trust "pioneering rehabilitation and housing services for people with acquired and congenital disabilities"
- founding CEO of Nexan Group, "a venture capital-backed medical device company, creating and marketing novel cardio-respiratory monitoring technologies to reduce premature mortality in patients with congestive heart failure"
- joined Cancer Research Technology Limited (CRT)
- became Chief Operating Officer of Cancer Research UK in July 2004
- Board Member of the National Cancer Research Institute and Chairman of the Gray Cancer Research Trust