Graeme Wilson served as UK government's political press secretary under former UK prime minister David Cameron, from August 2013 to June 2016.  His appointment was intended to improve Cameron's relationship with the press. 
After leaving No. 10, he was hired by the financial lobbying firm Tulchan Communications as a partner, to work in the firm’s policy advisory practice.  Wilson sought the advice of the advisory committee on business appointments (ACOBA) on taking up the role in November 2016, which was later approved on condition he would not make use of any of his contacts in government or privileged information to benefit the company, and would not lobby government personally on its behalf. 
In the role, Wilson offers 'strategic advice to Tulchan Communications’ clients on how to handle press and media issues they may face' and on 'how the government might handle issues affecting clients'. A senior partner at Tulchan said on the appointment:
- 'Graeme's expertise and experience, particularly his many years in political journalism, will enhance our advisory capability and accelerate our continued growth in this increasingly important area'.
- 'I am very pleased to be joining Tulchan, which has a well-earned reputation as a market-leading advisor on strategic corporate and financial communications. I'm looking forward to bringing my experience to Tulchan to ensure that it continues to offer the best possible advice to its clients.' 
Notes and References
- Angela Haggerty Downing St appoints The Sun's deputy political editor, Graeme Wilson, as press officer The Drum, 27 August 2013, accessed 15 October 2014
- George Eaton David Cameron appoints the Sun's deputy political editor as his press secretary New Statesmen, 27 August 2013, accessed 10 October 2014
- James Forsyth, Graeme Wilson of The Sun to be new Downing Street press secretary", The Spectator, 27 August 2013, accessed 17 September 2014.
- The Sun's Graeme Wilson takes 10 Downing Street press secretary job PR Week, 27 August 2013, accessed 15 October 2014
- David Singleton, David Cameron’s key lieutenants line up for lobbying jobs, Total Politics, 29 November 2016. Accessed 6 December 2016.
- Summary of business appointments applications - Graeme Wilson, GOV.uk, accessed 7 December 2016.
- John Harrington, Tulchan hires ex-David Cameron press secretary Graeme Wilson; David Shriver departs agency, PR Week, 29 November 2016, accessed 7 December 2016.