Since retiring from the military, Lamb has held several private sector roles, notably as a non-executive director at controversial private security firm Aegis Defence Services and as a special adviser to G3 and S4Si and Palantir Technologies.
Lamb is a regular media commentator on military and geopolitical issues.
Lamb was General Officer Commanding Multi-National Division South-East in Iraq July 2003 – December 2003 under US General Petraeus and Senior British Military Adviser to Iraq, September 2006 – July 2007.
He also served as special adviser to US General McChrystal in Afghanistan.
Lamb is an adviser to G3, which was hired by the Bahrain government's Information Affairs Authority in July 2011, according to official tender documents, for a sum of £1.5 million (US$ 2,370,000). G3 was tasked with developing a "media campaign to support Bahrain's position in the international community". 
Adviser to United Against Nuclear Iran
In 2016 Lamb was appointed as an advisory board member to United Against a Nuclear Iran (UANI), a hawkish US non-profit advocacy outfit led by former US ambassador Mark Wallace, who also runs the Counter Extremism Project. Lamb joined three other new UANI board advisers: former Mossad director Tamir Pardo, former Polish foreign minister Radek Sikorski, former US Ambassador John Bolton, and US Lieutenant General Michael D. Barbero. 
- G3 - acts as a 'special adviser'
- Aegis Defence Services non-executive director
- C5Cepital, chairman of the advisory council
- Palantir Technologies
- Walking Wounded, trustee
- Member of the RUSI Advisory Council.
- Senior Fellow at Yale’s Jackson Institute for Global Affairs.
- Times of London: Don't Lump Bahrain In With Libya and Syria, Aug 15, 2011
- Guardian: Why narrowly cast the push for democracy as the 'Arab spring'?, Feb 22, 2012
- Bahrain News Agency: Former British General praises reforms, efforts, Feb 23, 2012
- Gulf Daily News: Bahrain has every right to be respected, Feb 23, 2012
- Gulf Daily News: A 'little gem of a country', Feb 23, 2012
- Gulf Daily News: Listen to the silent majority!, Feb 23, 2012
- Bill Kincaid, The RDS Military Interview: Lieutenant General Graeme Lamb, RUSI, 11 August 2008.
- Oral Evidence, Iraq Inquiry, 9 December 2009.
- Richard Norton-Taylor, Profile: Graeme Lamb, the soldier who has the ear of American commanders, The Guardian, 10 March 2010.
- Andrew Gilligan, Graeme Lamb: British general's company paid to support Bahrain dictatorship, Telegraph, 11 March 2012.
- Campaign Against the Arms Trade, Graeme Lamb Meetings, Political Influence Database
- New witnesses named, Iraq Inquiry, accessed 30 November 2009.
- Bahrain Watch, G3: Relationship with Bahrain Government
- https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160616005910/en/UANI-Expands-Global-Reach-Deepens-Defense-Foreign UANI expands global reach, deepens defense and foreign policy Expertise with new advisory board members], BusinessWire, 16 June 2016, accessed 21 March 2018