GLOBE International is the Global Legislators Organisation for a Balanced Environment founded in 1989.
According to their website:
- GLOBE facilitates high level negotiated policy positions from leading legislators from across the G8+5 parliaments and from regional dialogues which are informed by business leaders and key international experts.
- GLOBE's objective is to support ambitious political leadership on issues of climate and energy security, land-use change and ecosystems and economic and population growth. Internationally, GLOBE is focussed on progressive leadership from G8 leaders and the leaders of the major emerging economies as well as formal negotiations within the United Nations. GLOBE has a particular interest in the role that International Financial Institutions can play.
- GLOBE shadows the formal G8 negotiations and allows legislators to work together outside the formal international negotiations. Without the burden of formal governmental negotiating positions, legislators have the freedom to push the boundaries of what can be politically achieved.
- At an international level GLOBE consists of senior cross-party members of parliament from all G8 countries and the +5 countries of Brazil, China, India, Mexico and South Africa. Also, GLOBE facilitates regional policy dialogues amongst legislators within the Americas Region (North & South America), Europe (West & Eastern Europe), Asia and Africa.
- Importantly, GLOBE’s discussions can be translated into policies and practical solutions through legislation both at the national, regional and international level. Legislators also have a critical role to play in holding their own governments to account for the commitments that are made during international negotiations. 
Funding and finances
- Senator Serys Marly Slhessarenko President of GLOBE BRAZIL
- Hon Bryon Wilfert MP President of GLOBE Canada
- To be nominated President of GLOBE China
- Mr Anders Wijkman MEP President of GLOBE EU
- Deputy Serge Poignant Acting President of GLOBE France
- Mr Michael Kauch MdB Acting President of GLOBE Germany
- Hon Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu MP President of GLOBE India
- Senator Antonio D’Ali Acting President of GLOBE Italy
- Representative Yoshio Yatsu President of GLOBE JAPAN
- To be nominated President of GLOBE Mexico
- Deputy Victor Shudegov President of GLOBE Russia
- Hon Langa Zita MP Acting President of GLOBE South Africa
- Hon Graham Stuart MP Vice-President of GLOBE UK
Non-Voting Advisory Members
- Ian Johnson Senior Adviser
Contact details, Resources, Notes
- GLOBE International About Us Accessed 07/07/10