Export All-Party Parliamentary Group
The Export All-Party Parliamentary Group exists "to hear expert speakers on export issues and discuss matters arising.". One of the groups identified by the Times in 2006 which did not adequately disclose support from lobbying or PR firms, which 'list only the name of a lobbyist or public affairs consultant, and do not specify an ultimate client. This would appear to be a clear breach of parliamentary 1985 rules that state: “Where a public relations agency provides the assistance, the ultimate client should be named”
- Joint Chair: Ken Purchase MP (Lab)
- Joint Chair: Nigel Evans MP (Con)
- Vice Chair: Viscount Waverley (CB)
- Vice Chair: Lord Haskel (Lab)
- Contact: Mr Douglas Smith, Parliamentary Monitoring Services
Parliamentary Monitoring Services Ltd provides secretarial services. 1
6 October 2002: Quizid Technologies sponsored a lunch reception and product launch in the Commons;
22 October 2002: National Exhibition Centre sponsored a reception in the Commons (registered November 2002).
11 February 2003: Gerling NCM sponsored a lunch held in the Commons (registered February 2003).
16 July 2003: Gerling NCM Ltd and Westminster Advisers Ltd hosted a reception in the Commons (registered July 2003).
Douglas Smith is Director, Parliamentary Monitoring Services Ltd; Managing Director, Westminster Advisers Ltd; Chairman, Political Intelligence Ltd (all are political intelligence and advisory consultancies).
- All-Party Parliamentary Group
- All Party Parliamentary Groups in the House of Commons: Subject Groups
- All Party Parliamentary Groups in the House of Commons: Country Groups
- "Register of All-Party Groups", United Kingdom Parliament. (List dated 16 September 2004.)
- House of Commons Committee on Standards and Privileges, Written evidence received by the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards 1. Letter to the Commissioner from Mr Robert Thomson, 20 January 2006 Lobbying and All Party Groups Ninth Report of Session 2005–06