Experian is a subsidiary of GUS plc, formerly known as Great Universal Stores, and has headquarters in Nottingham, UK, and Costa Mesa, California. GUS plc also owns Argos Retail Group and has a majority share in Burberry.
From the GUS website: Facts & figures
- Experian has over 50,000 clients in more than 60 countries around the world.
- Experian maintains credit information on over 300 million consumers and 20 million businesses worldwide.
- More than one fifth of the world's population has been classified by Experian into demographic groups for target marketing.
- Experian has some of the largest mainframe computer installations in the world, providing round-the-clock support for clients.
- Experian helps many of the best known names in retailing to make decisions on the design and location of stores.
- Agency Register September to November 2014 PRCA, accessed 29 January 2015