Norwegian energy giant Statoil rebranded itself as 'Equinor' in February 2018, in what was widely described as an exercise in greenwashing. Equinor's website says that it aims to be 'the world's most carbon-efficient oil and gas producer', and that it is 'investing actively in renewables'.
Yet it has shale gas investments in the US and has been intent on drilling in the pristine waters of the Great Australian Bight for some years. It also operates one of the world's biggest oil fields, Johan Sverdrup in the North Sea.
Meetings with UK Government
- Associate member of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Unconventional Oil and Gas, which operated until 2017
- Member of industry lobby group Shale Gas Europe
- Website: https://www.equinor.com/
- Formerly Statoil and Statoil-Hydro
- Register 1st September 2014 - 30th November 2014 APPC, accessed 29 January 2015