David Ben-Gurion was Prime Minister of Israel from May 1949 to January 1954, and from November 1955 to June 1963.
- 1905 Joined Poale Zion
- general secretary of the Histadrut
- 1935 Head of the Jewish Agency
- 1946 Executive Head of the World Zionist Organization
- 1948–1954 Leader of Mapai
- 1955–1963 Leader of Mapai
- 1965–1968 Leader of Rafi
- 1968–1970 Leader of the National List
- Shay Hazkani, Catastrophic thinking: Did Ben-Gurion try to rewrite history?, Haaretz, 16 May 2013.
- All Prime Ministers of Israel, knesset.gov.il, accessed 25 March 2012.