Consumer Policy Institute
The aims of the Institute are to add to the understanding of government, business and the public about the key consumer issues of the day, by securing fairness for consumers, to empower consumers to increase awareness as to how government, business and the organisations which represent their interests work.
In practice this means that it will:
- "use recognised and accepted consumer principles and ethical and social criteria to guide Institute policy, work with public interest organisations, government, business and academic institutions, commission and carry out research on consumer issues, encourage improved dialogue between the suppliers of goods and services and consumers, by demonstrating that it will be of mutual benefit. And help consumers, in groups and as individuals, to make their voices heard".
- Geoffrey Woodroffe - Director
- Marie Jennings
- Sue Jex of HSBC
- Susan Knox of CEG
- Karl Snowden formerly of Zurich Financial Services, now HBoS
- Colin Thompson of Money Management Council
- Simon Ward of Whitbread
- ^ National Consumer Federation (2007) The Consumer Policy Institute - It’s new but what will it do?, accessed 22/03/07