Clifford D. May
Clifford D. May is the President of the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies and a former senior managing director of Weber Shandwick. He is the Chairman of the Committee on the Present Danger's Policy Committee and with Frank Gaffney a codirector for the Alliance for Research and National Security. He is also a signatory to several Project for the New American Century letters and a former Republican National Committee Director of Communications.
May was the Bureau Chief for the New York Times in Northern Ireland and West Africa , a senior editor for Geo, and an associate editor for Newsweek. He writes a weekly column that is nationally distributed by Scripps Howard News Service and he is a regular contributor for National Review Online, CNN's American Morning, and National Public Radio's Morning Edition. In the late 1990s May edited Rising Tide, the official magazine of the Republican Party.
- Alliance for Research and National Security - Co Director
- Committee on the Present Danger - Chairman of Policy Committee
- Council on Foreign Relations
- Democracy & Security International Conference attendee
- Foundation for the Defense of Democracies - President
- Henry Jackson Society Project for Democratic Geopolitics
- Project for the New American Century
- Republican Jewish Coalition - Former Vice Chairman
- RightWeb profile on Clifford May (Accessed June 24, 2006)
- Democracy and Security International Conference, List of Participants, Accessed 25-February-2009