Pro-shale gas views
During the second day of House of Commons debate on the 2015 Queen’s Speech energy bill, Pincher reiterated his support for the development of shale gas in the UK, describing energy security as an 'matter of national security'.
- I hope that the Energy Bill will focus on increasing the exploitation of our shale gas reserves, which can not only provide the Treasury with a welcome income stream and provide many thousands of new jobs, but help our energy security. I trust also that the Bill will look at increasing and enhancing gas storage facilities around our country so that we are not just a few hours away from running out of gas, as we have been in some winters. 
- All Party Parliamentary Group on Unconventional Oil and Gas, set up 2013
- European Azerbaijan Society
- All Party Parliamentary Group on Nuclear Energy
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Apprenticeships, Member
- Smart Cities All-Party Parliamentary Group