Sir Christopher Hum is a retired diplomat with the Department of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and is currently master of Gonville and Caius College, University of Cambridge and a non executive director at Laird plc.
Hum is a former diplomat, with posts including head of the Hong Kong department of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Assistant Under Secretary of State for North Asia and Pacific and between 2002 and 2005 HM ambassador to the People's Republic of China.
- Non-executive director, Laird plc, December 2006- Granted "unconditional approval" by ACOBA to take up this position.
- Non-executive director, Member of Nominations Committee
- Non-executive director, Member of Remuneration Committee
- Non-executive director, Member of Audit Committee
- Special adviser, Prudential plc, June 2006. Approved by ACOBA "subject to the condition that, for six months from his last day in post, he should not revisit China for business purposes, give advice on it, or have dealings with companies there"